School meals are provided at St Augustine's by Chartwells, this is the current School Dinner Menu.
You can find out more about Chartwells here.
Meals for all children in Reception, Year 1 and 2 are free of charge, and can include a sandwich option if preferred. Meals for children in Class 3 are currently £2.30 per day.
Super Yummy Kitchen:
Back to school Safely:
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
Even if you don't want your children to have the meals, claiming them helps our school. The more eligible parents who claim meals, the more funding the school receives. Click here to see if you are eligible to claim.
17th November Diwali Lunch. Look out for the full menu on here!
(Chicken Korma, Pilau Rice)
26th November All Day Breakfast
(Pork or Quorn Sausage, Crispy Bacon, Omlette, Hash browns, Beans & Toast)
15th December Party Food Lunch
16th December Our Favourite Christmas Lunch!
Don't forget to order your free milkshake on a Tuesday and a Thursday when you have a school lunch!
25th February for Pancake Day.
5th March for World Book Day.
Once a month we have a Memory Lane Lunch. We invite members of our community in to have lunch with the children. The children love sharing their time with our visitors and the conversations are always very interesting!